My Summer Sleep Essentials!

As we are now right into the summer months, I thought I would share some of my summer sleep essentials! Living in the UK our summer is not really a magnificent heatwave but it does get a lot hotter on some (very few) days! 

My first essential is a white duvet cover. Not only does this make my bedroom look really fresh, I feel like I get a much better sleep. I am currently using a purple duvet whilst my white one is going through the wash and I swear I have woken up feeling warmer and it's not even hot right now! I feel like using darker coloured duvets has a more winter feel to it and I honestly feel like there is nothing better than how clean a white duvet cover feels.

Avoid darker coloured duvet covers to stay cool at night


Combined with a light coloured bedding set, having no flat/top sheet is an absolute summer essential for me. Removing it takes an extra layer away ensuring I don't get too warm at nights. In my opinion, the top sheet is just an annoying extra that never stays on and makes making my bed take twice as long. I recently came across the luxury bedding company Parachute and they provide new options 'such as bundles without a top sheet' that let you transform your bedroom setting. It is not a necessity like some people may think and I personally think I get a better sleep without being tangled in it! Parachute make a really interesting point saying that 1/3 of our life is spent in bed so our sleep experience matters. I really enjoy shopping for duvet sets as I think they add a lot of character to a room and transform it due to alternate colours. Here are some of my favourite bedding sets from Parachute's range that I think would make any bedroom set for summer.
It's not quite hot enough where I live to invest a fan but I always open my bedroom window every day during the summer. It is lovely to get into bed at night as the room always feels so fresh and not horribly stuffy! 


Summer is one of my favourite times of the year as it gives me so much more time to catch up on my favourite TV shows and binge watch new ones that have been on my watch list for a while. There isn't a night where I don't take my iPad/iPhone/Macbook to my bed and if I don't have to be up early the next there's nothing more than I love to have some TV time. It is so relaxing being snuggled up in bed catching up on your favourite shows! Pretty Little Liars coming back is a particular summer highlight for me and a new show I embarked on this summer has been Once Upon of Time.

Finally, summer means new pyjamas! The fleecy bottoms are perfect for winter but are really uncomfortable in the hotter weather. I like wearing shorts and t-shirt sets in the summer which you can find in an endless amount of styles. I picked up a few new ones this summer including a Disney Lion King set and even a Rugrats one! I loved the show when I was little and I feel like as you can older it becomes nostalgic and cool to own these things again. I love wearing them as they are so retro!

I hope you enjoyed this post, what are you sleep essentials for summer?


2 comments

  1. I loveeee binge watching shows in bed! I have been loving outnumbered at the moment x

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one show that I actually have never watched! I'll need to check it out sometime x

      Delete