Pretty Little Theories! (Spoilers)

The day when they are going to reveal who Big A is in Pretty Little Liars has finally arrived! Unless like me, you live outside the US and have to wait until the next day to watch it. In the UK, it is uploaded to Netflix in the early morning so I'm very excited to see it (and planning to watch it as soon as it's on there...). In the lead up to arguably the biggest season finale the show has ever had, I thought I would share some of my thoughts on who I think may be 'Big A'!

There is so much conflicting information about Big A's identity that I literally feel it is impossible to build a really strong theory on one person. "Big A was in the pilot", "Big A wasn't in the pilot", "It's going to heartbreaking" "Viewers won't see it coming" is just very few of the clues and teasers released about the episode. I really enjoy reading theories regarding PLL but there is actually so many of them now I have given up haha. I first started watching the show when it had only aired six episodes of the first season so I've been following it for a long while now. I always thought Ezra was A as there are so many clues leading to him that I was so excited at each A reveal to see if it would finally be him that was revealed to be wearing the black hoodie. I was absolutely buzzing when it was revealed to be him in season 4 as I felt like I had finally cracked something in this big puzzle of a show. However, the fact that he was not A and was just writing a book about Ali's disappearance was a mega disappointment.

I have been discussing this show with friends for a few weeks now in build up to the season finale and to be honest with you, I literally have no idea who Big A is going to be. I feel like it could literally be anyone at this point and like I said previously, there is a lot of conflicting information and pretty much everyone in Rosewood has been suspicious at some point over the last five seasons. I have come up with a few guesses at Big A's identity of who I think it potentially could be. I won't go into too much detail as this post will end up being ridiculously long!

Wren



Wren is kind like Ezra for me, I've felt like he could be A for a pretty long time now. There has been a fair few clues pointing toward him such as "nosey bitches die" which has prominently stuck in my mind as that is the way a British person would spell nosy! I do think the majority of these clues are extremely clever red herrings either that or A is really inconsistent when leaving their trail. I feel like Wren is a very shady character and is constantly disappearing. I know he is meant to be in London right now with Melissa but you didn't even see him when Spencer visited a couple of episodes ago (That was most likely that he is currently appearing on New Girl but whatever...). I also remember of a picture of the bird Wren being in A's lair at one point too. I am not entirely too sure what Wren's motives could be against the girls but I would certainly not be surprised if Big A was revealed to be him. There is some great evidence supporting the Wren theory in this article here if you're interested!


Aria

Aria being Big A is a massively popular fan theory and I have to admit, I didn't buy into it to begin with but I think it would be really interesting if it was her. There is tonnes and tonnes of clues pointing at Aria, some of my favourites are as follows:

Everyone thought A was the Black Swan wearing the black dress...



I think the whole "Hey Big A" was a very obvious clue but an interesting one. Would viewers dismiss it because it was so clear? I remember them saying in Season 2 that A would be 'unmAsked' in the finale which saw Mona revealed as A but Aria's masquerade mask was physically removed by Ezra. Is that a coincidence? This show literally drives me insane as you can read into anything!!

I think it would be pretty twisted if Aria was Big A due to the torment all the liars have been through. I do find the theories of Aria having a split personality SO interesting and the idea that she would have no idea that she was doing this. I did read that Big A would supposedly be revealed as being mentally unstable in the finale so this would all fit in. Aria has been targeted less than the other girls asides from the box incident on the Halloween train but I read that they could of been trying to get rid of her as they knew she was Big A? Who knows!

Caleb

Big A's identity is supposed to be heartbreaking and a shocking twist that viewers aren't going to expect.  I have a feeling that Caleb could be a likely suspect but there isn't much evidence supporting him. However, he is really good at hacking showing potential intelligence and was almost revealed as A before in Season 3 so I definitely would not be surprised there. I did see today that Big A was decided on around Season 2-3 so maybe that's why Caleb wasn't chosen as A at this point?

To conclude this post, I have a few other random thoughts on the finale! Firstly I don't think Mona is dead at all. I think there is going to be a twist at some point in the episode showing that she is still alive. I think Jenna could of been the one to attack her and frame Ali whether it was planned or not. I follow Tammin Sursok on Instagram and she dyed her hair blonde a couple of months ago. Probably totally irrelevant and I'm grasping at nothing with this theory but it's niggled me ever since! I would quite like to see Jenna as Big A as she would have a motive to torture the girls. I don't think it's any of the parents contrary to the popular theory as I think that would be REALLY twisted and honestly quite disturbing...

I think Ezra may potentially be Varjack as I read that he is a character who has a typewriter and cannot finish a book! Maybe an alias he used whilst researching information when he was writing his book? There is tonnes of theories linking PLL to Breakfast at Tiffany's which are definitely worth looking up.

In terms of the Black Veil, I think she may be Ali as she was revealed to be friends with Wilden. She was still technically dead at this point so wouldn't of been able to attend his funeral without wearing some sort of disguise.

Finally I do not think Andrew is Big A, they have made it FAR too obvious over the past few weeks that it would be honestly rubbish if it turned out to be him. I do think it was him that attacked Mike though possibly to prove that Ezra was dangerous to Aria and make him look bad. He does seem to be a little strange!

Ultimately, I really think A has to be a girl as I'm not sure if A's actions mimic a guy's behaviour really. Although I do think when you do see A, it can look like a guy as they seem to change their extras each time! Some of A's actions make it hard to believe that a girl would of been able to carry them  out e.g. physical strength wise. Saying this Gossip Girl turned out to be a guy so it's anybody's guess really and it's not long until we all find out! I think there will possibly be a twist and it won't be who it appears to be. I definitely think we won't see Big A's face just yet.

I'm going to leave it there as I have already written far too much! Will you be watching the Pretty Little Liars season finale over the new couple of days? Who do YOU think Big A is? I would love to hear from you in the comments!


No comments