March Favourites

Another month has passed already! I can't believe it's already April and time for another favourites post. I love reading these and have done even since before I started blogging so this is a post I like to feature every month on my own blog. A bit of a mixed bag of favourites this month (like most months really!) so here it goes:

Pretty Little Liars Season 5



If you aren't a Pretty Little Liars fan, I'd be extremely surprised if you haven't seen anything about it online these past few weeks. Season 5 concluded last week with viewers finally sort of finding out the identity of the show's super villain 'A'. I was slightly disappointed with the finale but I never expected to see the true identity of A  and was prepared for that. I did think it would be a character that we would at least recognise! This show was a favourite of mine this month though as I was very excited about it during the build up to the season finale. Everyone was talking about it and there was generally just a lot of hype surrounding it. We even had a bet going on at home to see who could correctly guess who A was. I actually read the correct theory a few weeks ago so I was extremely annoyed at myself that I didn't think of it as I would of won the money!


Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt


I have already done a whole blog post on this show but it was definitely one of my favourite new TV finds last month. If you aren't familiar with it, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is the a new 13 episode Netflix Original starring Ellie Kemper. Kemper plays the lead role as a a young woman who has was held captive in a underground bunker by a man who believed that the apocalypse had happened. She is released 15 years later and decides to embark on a new adventure in New York rather than returning to Ohio. At roughly 20 minutes per episode, this series is truly binge worthy and is so easy to watch one episode after the other. I loved Kimmy's unintentional ignorance in this show from everything from selfies to iPhones. Kemper played her lack of awareness to the current world brilliantly. I wouldn't say it was the best comedy I had ever seen but it's a great little binge watch if you are looking for something new to try.


Bobble Bottle


This was a bit of an impulse purchase after knowing about these for a while. They are a bit on the expensive side as far as water bottles go but I was extremely impressed when I first tried it out. The Bobble Bottle basically filters your regular tap water. I grew up never really liking to drink plain water but I've began to enjoy it more as I've gotten older. I still wouldn't drink tap water really but the Bobble Bottle makes it taste just like bottled water does. I've been taking the bottle with me to work and to my pilates/yoga classes so I've probably made the money I would have spent on drinks back already!


Sia


I've liked Sia's music for a long time now but I've somehow become totally obsessed with her latest hits this month. I absolutely love Chandelier and appreciated so much more when I realised what it was about. I've also watched a bunch of live performances of Sia and Maddie Ziegler performing together and they are so brilliant. Another favourite track of hers this month has been Elastic Heart and Salted Wound which actually featured on the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack!


Porridge


I've upped my breakfast game this month by eating porridge most days! I remember eating plain porridge with jam when I was little but it was something I never really tried since then. We had a lot of the Special K porridge pots at home so I decided to give it a try. I don't like Almonds or Honey but I actually really enjoyed it! I went out and bought the packet version that you make with milk as just adding hot water to the porridge probably wasn't the healthiest variety I could be eating. I've still been eating the Almond and Honey kind but with Almond Milk now and it is amazing. I thought it may have been too much Almonds but it tasted even better than I hoped!

I hope you enjoyed this post, what have been your favourites in March?



2 comments

  1. I first heard Sia on the Twilight: Eclipse soundtrack and I really enjoy listening to her now. Maddie Ziegler is fantastic, she has so much energy for a twelve year old! Her facial expressions while dancing are incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too! That isn't one of my favourite songs of her but it's still good :) She really is great for her age I agree! In all honesty, I've kinda become obsessed with Dance Moms haha. My sister pointed out that it was her and had wanted me to watch it for a while so we watched so many over the holidays lol. I think her performances in Sia's videos are better than the ones they show on there for sure! x

    ReplyDelete