Pitch Perfect 2


Last Friday night, I was off to the cinema to see the highly anticipated sequel to Pitch Perfect on it's release day! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and it was much better than I expected as sequels are never usually as good as the first film. I honestly could not believe how my busy my local cinema was, the queue for tickets was all the way to the main door! I expected a crowd but not to the extent that I had to sit directly next to someone which I don't think has happened to me since Harry Potter! It's funny how there is like this unofficial cinema code that not only do you not sit next to someone in the screen, you leave at least a 2 seat gap.

I thought I'd share a few thoughts on the film to maybe encourage you to go if you just aren't convinced it's going to be as good as the first. One thing I would say was that it was far funnier than the first one in my opinion. I didn't see the first film in the cinema so I can't compare if it simply could of been the atmosphere as I feel like if the screen is full, more people are kind of like encouraging you to laugh more. There was a lady behind me that laughed hysterically at almost everything, I wouldn't say it was quite that funny but it does provide some good laughs. I would say that the storyline was better in the first film as in this one, I didn't think the plot was that interesting if I'm totally honest.  Don't get me wrong though, it was still a very enjoyable film.

The essential part of Pitch Perfect is the music and I really loved some of the song selection for this movie. The Riff Off was back again with some great tracks and some interesting new acapella groups! I also really enjoyed the Bella's performance at the end of the film, there was some brilliant music featured there and they even surprised the audience with an original song!

In terms of the cast, I think that Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy was as funny as ever in Pitch Perfect 2. There is a particularly brilliant scene when she completely brings it home with a solo when she discovers what she really wants in life, shall we say! I will say no more as it was definitely one of the funniest parts in the movie. Anna Kendrick's performance was brilliant yet again too as the film's protagonist, she never disappoints! I rather liked Hailee Steinfield's new addition to the Bellas too, she wasn't monumental as the new girl like Becca was in the first film but her song writing skills added nicely to the overall plot.

I won't say too much more about the movie as it really is worth going to see for yourself. If you are a fan of the first movie, you won't be disappointed. I even think this film could stand alone so it's worth checking out even if you are not overly familiar with the Pitch Perfect franchise. Let me know in the comments if you've seen the movie yet and what you think of it!



No comments