Review: SONY Cyber-shot DSC-WX350B Camera

I have been to three gigs over the past year and I'm one of these people who likes to snap a lot of photos while I'm there. I got excellent photos at the standing gig I went to (I was pretty close to the front) but the arena ones not so much. My photos of Nicki Minaj are actually so far away that I just stopped taking them. My sister often argues with me just 'to be in the moment' but I would really regret it if I didn't take any photos as I love looking back at them and showing friends! I had wanted to see Taylor Swift for a long time and decided that I really wanted to get good photos whilst I was there. I didn't have a lot of time leading up to the concert and would have to travel far to look at cameras so it was much more convenient for me to purchase online. However, I couldn't physically see what I was spending a tonne of money on and how did I know that it was going to be good for the purpose I wanted it for? I ended up watching a vlog on the camera I purchased which I found extremely helpful as I specifically wanted a camera with a good zoom. I thought I'd share my thoughts on this particular model to maybe help someone else in the same predicament as me!



I chose the SONY Cyber-shot DSC-WX350B as it has a 20 x Digital and 4 x Optical Zoom which was perfect for taking photos from seats further back in the arena. I'm not sure how it would fare in bigger arenas but it was sufficient for one holding 12,000 people! It has a 18.2 megapixel resolution so the photos are extremely clear and of very high quality. The camera was priced at £149.99 which was a little more than I wanted to pay but it was definitely worth the money. It is a really small and compact camera for the quality of photos it takes. My Grandad is a professional photographer and he insisted that I would not get good photos zooming in so much so I was a little determined to prove him wrong! Upon seeing the photos when I got back, he was really impressed so I think that alone could show how good the camera actually is for the money! The following photos show where I was sitting at the 1989 Tour (no zoom) and then a picture of Taylor on the main stage:





You can also shoot video with stunning results, audio is great and I would describe the video quality as pristine even when zoomed in! My camera hand is a little shaky as I was standing a lot but I was incredibly chuffed with the little clips I filmed from the 1989 tour. Annoyingly, uploading this clip to Blogger has reduced its quality but here it is anyway:





The camera has a scene selection option that allows you to shoot in a variety of different conditions such as landscape, a night scene, portrait photos. There is even a button for photographing pets and food! Here are some examples where I have used this feature:

Landscape:


Pets (reduces blur of animals that sometimes don't pose when you want them to!):


Food:



I just snap photos of things as I see fit, I am by no means a professional photographer to any extent so I probably don't use this camera to it's absolute full potential. In my opinion though, I think this is a brilliant camera for taking high quality everyday photos. It makes a nice change from your iPhone quality ones! I hope this post helps someone out if your considering purchasing a new camera. There are little reviews that I could find out there that actually show the camera in action which I think is the most important part. 

I'll be back on Thursday with my next post!


No comments