Emmys 2015 Top Ten


Awards Season has OFFICIALLY kicked off again with the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards last night! If you have visited my blog before, you will have seen various other posts I have done of my favourite looks from different award ceremonies. I absolutely love award shows and watching the red carpet celeb spotting is most definitely my favourite thing about them! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that I shared some of my favourite looks live last night as there were some lovely looks this year. It was hard to choose my overall favourites so I have selected my top 10!





Laura Prepon was my absolute best dressed for the evening. I may be a little bias as I admire her style anyway and she is one of my favourite TV actresses but I really thought she look stunning. Her mermaid look was a bit iffy at last year's Emmys but she totally hit the ball out of the park with this red Christian Sirianio number. I love the gold detailing and her hair & makeup was beautiful too!




Laura wore a second look at the Netflix After Party and I absolute love both the course and the loral print. Her looks were so on point this year!




Sarah Hyland is one of these people who looks effortlessly beautiful at any awards event and I really do not know how she does it! I adore the colour of her Zac Posen dress and the back detail was stunning. Her hair and makeup was also very nice too!




Ariel Winter wore another red number from Romona Keveza. Maybe I'm a little dull but I like really like styles that are bold and simple as they often look much more classy than an over the top look. I thought this look really suited her!




I love the subtle shimmer in this dress by Alexandre Vauthier on Aubrey Plaza. Like Ariel, I think this look was simple yet very striking. 




Yael Stone looked as cute as a button! I love the pale pink on her, it suits her so well. I like how simple her hair and make up was but it looked very chic and complimented her dress really well!



Another simple look (are we seeing a theme here?!) from Emma Roberts! I loved her outfit as soon as I first saw what she was wearing as it's so dainty and beautiful. I think the nude colour of this Jenny Packham gown makes her look a little washed out though due to her pale skin but her loose curls and pink lips compliment it perfectly.




I'm pretty unfamiliar with Gina Rodriguez but oh my god, I love this dress by Lorena Sarbu & Judith Leiber Couture! Yet again another simple colour/hair and make up combination but the feather and beaded detail is absolutely stunning. She looked so angelically beautiful.



Another favourite of mine was Jamie Brewer as her dress really struck me on more of a personal level. It is very similar to my own prom dress except it's full length and the ombre goes from black to red instead of the other way round! It looks lovely on her and I think the beaded detail on the shoulder is a really nice touch.



This colour is absolutely stunning on Samira Wiley! I love the whole one shoulder vibe with the drape down her arm. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgerous!! 



Lastly, Sofia Vergara who always looks a bit samey with her looks and is pretty predictable but she always looks effortlessly stunning at every event. I absolutely love her metallic sparkly St John dress, so glamorous! 

I'd also like to give two honorary mentions to two actresses I really like, Taylor Schilling and Mayim Bialik, who both looked stunning but I just didn't love their dresses this year. I am just not digging the yellow Stella McCartney number on Taylor and I'm not too keen on the style of Mayim's Chiara Boni black dress. Both their hair and makeup looks were so beautiful that I couldn't not mention them!





I hope you enjoyed this post! I'd love to hear what looks you liked and disliked at this years Emmy's in the comments!


No comments