My Favourite Looks from the 73rd Annual Golden Globes!

The Golden Globes were last night and I'm back again with a fashion post this week! If you've visited my blog before, you'll know that I really love awards shows. I love celebrity spotting and seeing what everyone wears! I'm a bit annoyed with myself though as I fell asleep during the ceremony and missed most of it... It starts at 1am in the UK so it's not exactly ideal! I never watch the whole thing because it goes on until around 4am but I usually last longer than the first half hour! I live blogged my favourite looks last night over on my Instagram page but after seeing more pictures from the after party, here's my best dressed list!


My first look is Emilia Clarke in Valentino, yes it's black but it is so edgy! I rather like how it's not in your face but still very eye catching as it's classy and very modest.




I'm not usually a fan of what Kylie Jenner wears but I thought her dress from one of the after parties was so stunning! I just love how simple, pretty and sparkly it is. 



Alicia Vikander's Louis Vuitton dress was one of my firm favourites of the night. I love sparkly but I really think simple and elegant dresses pay off so well. This is a really beautiful number!



Lady Gaga is known for extravagance so I was surprised by her look last night but I think she looks lovely in Versace, so classic. 



Mustard would never, ever be a colour I would pick for myself but I love this dress on Lola Kirke. I really love the style and it compliments her well!




Jenna Dewan Tatum looked gorgeous in her Zuhair Murad gown. I'm a sucker for navy as it compliments my hair and skin tone well so I was instantly a fan of this one.



I really like this dress on Melissa Benoist, it's so pretty and feminine! I love how she's styled her hair into loose waves too.




Lily James pulled off this Marchesa gown so well. A simple, classic look but so, so elegant!




A close tie with Alicia Vikander for my favourite dress of the night is Brie Larson in Calvin Klien. I am not a fan of gold at all really but I just love this sparkly look! I particularly like the style of the dress and her slicked back hair kind of makes her look like a mermaid haha!




I think Laverne Cox looked stunning last night in Elizabeth Kennedy. I really love her hair too!




Even though I have spent this whole post saying I love simple looks I also really like bold prints if it's done right.  Rachel McAdams was making fetch happen at last night's ceremony (Too much? Haha!)




Gina Rodriguez's Zac Posen gown was the first one I saw of the night and I honestly think she looked beautiful in navy blue!




Finally, I am going to end this post with Taylor Schilling. As much as I like her as an actress, I don't always love her fashion choices at events. I really love her sparkly Thakoon suit, I think it's very flattering and stands out from all the gowns! Her hair and makeup were also on point!


I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know how was rocking your favourite looks at last night's Golden Globes!

2 comments

  1. Yes I agree Alicia Vikander was my fav!

    www.withjulez.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how her dress wasn't eye catching because it was extravagant but because she looked so elegant!

      Delete