Lifestyle | How To Throw An Indoor Summer BBQ


It is officially BBQ season and for this post I have collaborated with Chobani to share some tips on how to throw a great BBQ! As I live in the UK, it can be very seldom that we actually get a proper summer to have BBQ's. Therefore, I am going to share a family BBQ recipe that you can cook indoors incase the weather takes a nasty turn on your BBQ plans!





It is easy enough to spontaneously move your BBQ indoors but I have a recipe for a dish that can be easily made inside or out. For this recipe, you will need sausages, salsa and tortilla chips. You can also add cheese if you wish. I used Gluten Free tortilla chips as it's a good idea to consider any allergies your guests may have! These ones from M & S were seriously good and went down an absolute hit. My guests were even pinching them straight from the bag!




You need heat your oven to 220 degrees and cook the sausages for 20 minutes. These can be cooked on the BBQ if you are hosting a 'proper' BBQ outdoors!




Next, slice a slit down the middle of each sausage. Be careful not to cut right through as you need to stuff the sausages in the next steps. 




I picked up a Smokey Chipotle Salsa from M&S which had a surprise addition of sweetcorn! I really liked the 'something extra' this added to the flavour. This does not have to be totally neat, you just need to leave enough room for the rest of the filling.




Finally add the crushed tortilla chips. I crushed these in my hands and individually placed enough pieces in each sausage to fill them. You can top the sausages with cheese at this point if you wish before heating them up in the oven again for approximately 5 minutes to warm the toppings.




I served the sausages with a side of sweet potato wedges and mixed salad but you can be as creative as you wish! I would serve the sides in large bowls so your guests can help themselves to as much as they'd like. I recommend serving your leftover tortilla chips with some of Chobani's new Mezé dips for your guests to nibble on!

Here are some additional tips to throw a delicious backyard BBQ with the help of Chobani:




I hope you enjoyed this post. I have experienced a lot of family BBQ's and picnics in the pouring rain growing up but that does need to ruin your plans, I think it makes it just the little bit more great.

Dyan x 


No comments