Birthday Cheesecake.

A random visit to Tesco today for rabbit treats resulted in making a cheesecake! We spotted a spring baking tin and I decided as it is my Dad's birthday today that I would try and make him a cheesecake. He said he had never tried one before and he didn't want a birthday cake so a dessert was the next best thing. A few weeks ago, I watched a tutorial video on YouTube so I looked it up my phone and gathered the ingredients I needed whilst I was there. The recipe I followed is by Jim Chapman, you can find it here. I am no culinary expert so I'm surprised I got as far as I did!

Here are the ingredients I used: Plain Digestive Biscuits, Double Cream, Unsalted Butter, Soft Cheese (+ Philadelphia as I didn't have enough), Vanilla Bean Extract and 6 bars of Caramac. The recipe is for a Chocolate Cheesecake but I used Caramac at Dad's request. I also added chocolate chips as I was going along so these were not pictured. 



I started by crushing the biscuits in a bag before mixing them with melted butter to form the base. I then mixed the Double Cream and the Soft Cheese with a half teaspoon of Vanilla Extract. I also added three melted bars of Caramac before mixing it again. 


I removed 6 tablespoons of the mix into a separate bowl before pouring the mix into the baking tin and placing it in the fridge for half an hour. The recipe required double cream to be kept aside and this was to be mixed together with the soft cheese, cream and chocolate before being poured onto the top of the cheesecake. I finally melted the other 3 bars of Caramac before swirling it onto the top of the cheesecake (this could of been more successful!) and adding the chocolate chips.

I placed it in the fridge for around 5 hours and it was then ready to eat! Here is a photo of the finished cheesecake:




No comments