May Favourites

It seems like this month has gone in so fast as I have not long posted my April Favourites! This favourites post however, is actually going up on schedule. I actually have a lot of new favourites this month that are mix of TV/Film as usual with some new beauty products that I have tried! 

Bourjous Volume 1 Seconde Retro Summer Mascara


I had my eye on this product as I absolutely loved the packaging. It's so bright and eye catching! I did not buy it initially as it was slightly on the expensive side and I have plenty of half used mascaras kicking about in my makeup drawer. A couple of weeks ago, I travelled to the city to meet a friend from university that I had not seen in a few years and as I was doing my makeup on the train there, I realise I had forgotten my mascara. I contemplated whether I was being ridiculous going to buy another mascara but I felt my make up just looked incomplete without it. So I picked up this product as it felt like less of a pointless spend as I would of bought it eventually anyway! I think mascara is mascara in all honesty but this applies easy and it makes my lashes look really big too!

Ted Baker Pink Body Spray 150ml


This fragrance was literally love at first smell, it's so good! I picked this up in Boots for £7 which I thought was incredibly cheap for a designer fragrance. I have bought a few products from Ted Baker's  range and I really like the scent as it's really feminine and fresh. This product is fruity with floral notes too and comes in a lovely plastic bottle which is lightweight for travelling! I feel like the scent does not linger on your skin for long though so it needs reapplied frequently.

Khroma Beauty Palette




I picked up this absolute gem in TK Maxx a few weeks ago. This palette consists of six eyeshadow shadows, a blusher and a bronzer so it is also ideal for travelling. Each Kardashian sister has their own palette with different shades and this is Kourtney's one. She is my favourite on the show so I was really happy about that! I really wanted to try the Kardashian Beauty range so I was really happy to find this so cheap. 

Age of Adaline 





















I was so looking forward to seeing this film as I am a massive fan of Blake Lively and I was really excited to see Michiel Huisman from Orphan Black in another role as I love his character Cal. Age of Adaline follows the story of a young woman played by Lively who finds herself in a car accident  before being struck by lightening causing her to stop aging. We follow Adaline through decades of her life when she outgrows everyone and interestingly her daughter now looks like her grandmother. Adeline meets Michiel Huisman's character on New Year's Eve and he persistently pursues her yet she struggles with commitment due to her immortality. The film frequently flashes back to Adaline's memories which adds a really interesting dynamic to the story. If you love romance films, this really is worth watching. It is slightly predictable in parts but it is a really feel good film and is one of my favourites so far this year.

Pitch Perfect 2
















I have already done a separate post on this so I won't go into too much detail as you can read my thoughts here if you wish too! I thought this sequel was really funny but the plot lacked a little. The first film was better in terms of the story but this was one was packed full of laughs so that definitely made up for it me. Rebel Wilson was as funny as ever as Fat Amy and my favourite part of the film had to be her crossing the lake singing to Bumper, it was fabulous!


Wicked


I also did a separate post on this last week, you can see this here if you wish to read it! I saw the touring production of Wicked and it really was fantastic. I am so glad I decided to get tickets at the last minute rather than missing out as it was such a high quality production to be outside of London! Emily Tierney was brilliantly annoying as the Good Witch Glinda or Ga-linda as she kept correcting everyone! However, Jacqueline Hughes excelled as the Wicked Witch Elphaba with her incredible stage presence and phenomenal vocal. I did not realise until after the performance that she was the standby Elphaba and I honestly do not know how the principal could be any better! 


I hope you enjoyed this post, what were your favourite things in May?



No comments