My Top 5 OITNB Episodes


Like the rest of the world, I absolutely cannot wait until Season 3 of Orange Is The New Black is released tomorrow! I am looking forward to sitting down tomorrow night to start watching and fully intend to finish it by the end of the weekend. I have no patience to stretch it out or I would to make it last longer! Stretching it out over the weekend is actually longer than I probably would like to... Anyway, I'd imagine a lot of people are re-watching the show this week so I thought I would share my favourite episodes from the first two seasons.

Moscow Mule (S01E08)


I'd say that this is probably my favourite episode of all time. I absolutely love the conflict between Pennsatucky and Alex that runs over these few episodes. I think is maybe the episode after this where she breaks Alex's glasses and steals her mattress but it is still funny all the same. My favourite moment though in this episode is when Alex finds herself locked in the laundry room dryer at the hands of Pennsatucky. It is still as funny as the first time I watched it!

Bora Bora Bora (S01E10)


Another Pennsatucky highlight for me where she thinks she can heal people through the power of 'The Lord'. I love how the inmates totally string her along in believing they are healing their conditions from Watson's dodgy knee to Big Boo's homosexuality. The commentary also from both Piper and Alex throughout this episode is top class and adds to the hilarity and ridiculousness of the whole thing. My personal favourite scene though is when Pennstatucky floors one of the visiting youths, Dina,  to ask God to heal her and "make this child walk again!"'. It really does not get much better than that moment for the comedy value. 


Tall Men With Feelings (S01E11)


I included this episode as I feel Larry's radio interview is a very poignant scene for the entire season. I remember this being the exact moment where I started to dislike Larry as I actually did really like him when I first started the show! It is incredibly sad that Piper is so excited for the interview that she asks her fellow inmates to listen for Larry to only bad mouth them all with her stories she has shared with him. I love how this particular sequence is edited to show all the inmates tuning in and seeing their reactions to Larry's comments about them. I really wanted to give Crazy Eyes a big hug at this point! Piper's reaction when she realises Larry knows about her and Alex is such an 'OMG' moment in the first season. I think that Larry's radio interview was a truly moving moment in this show as it shows that even though these woman are criminals, they are people and they do of course have feelings too.


F*cksgiving (S01E07)

Anyone else feel like this waiting on Season 3?

I like this particular episode as this is the first glimpse we get of the SHU when Piper is sent there by Healey for 'lesbianing' in the common area. Another classic moment from Pennsatucky and a total overreaction on Healey's part but still entertaining none the less. The SHU is a nasty place, no wonder Piper was starting to go a little crazy! I wonder if we will see any inmates headed down there this season? 

Thirsty Bird (S02E01)



This is the only Season 2 episode to feature in my Top 5! I really did enjoy Season 2 but I didn't think it was as funny as the first. However, this episode is an absolute favourite of mine and I have re-watched this one quite a few times. I loved seeing into a new prison but enjoyed how we followed Piper there so it was not totally detached from Litchfield as such. I really enjoyed the addition of the new characters and I am so stoked that Lolly will be back this season! I have read Piper Kerman's novel Orange is The New Black which the series is based on (if you didn't know) and the Chicago prison was a real life event from her book so it was interesting to see how the show portrayed it in comparison to her novel. I liked the appearance of Alex and there was a few good humorous moments between her and Piper. Finally, the music in this episode was actually really really good. I have listened to Pulaski at Night so much since this episode aired! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, what are your favourite episodes of OITNB? Will you be tuning into see Season 3 tomorrow? Let me know in the comments! I'll be back on a similar note with my review on Season 3 probably at the start of next week!



2 comments

  1. This shows sounds really good, think I will have a look out for it.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should watch, it's a great mix of comedy and drama and I think it appeals to everyone in some way :) Lovely to hear from you Lyndsey xxx

      Delete