And A Is Revealed As... (Spoilers of course)



Pretty Little Liars finally revealed big A as CeCe last night!! I really enjoyed the finale and I feel it's a shame that people are saying it's a disappointment but I guess you can't please everyone, right? I think CeCe was the most logical character to be at A at this point as I feel the others being Charles would of been pretty random. I have said this to tonnes of friends recently that I feel that people would have recognised a male Charles around Rosewood as people don't change that much as they get older!



Firstly, I predicted both A and Red Coat right here on this blog on Monday!! So I am extremely happy about that. I can't take credit for the theory on Charles being transgender but it was one that I thought was so well planned out,  that it was actually feasible and I really wanted to see it happen on the show.  I would be lying if I said I was surprised it was CeCe but I honestly can't believe it went in that direction. I was also not surprised that she was the one who hit Ali with the rock as I knew that Mrs D would have only protected Charles for one of her only children. I thought CeCe done that maliciously though so I was shocked to see it was an accident.

What Was Good:

- Vanessa Ray's performance was outstanding in this episode. For a character that doesn't have a huge presence in the show, she really excelled in the finale as A. I found her really sinister especially when she spoke close up to the camera saying 'I love all my dolls' but very damaged too. I actually found myself feeling sorry for A, yes A of all characters! They really focused on how much of a tragic childhood Charles/Charlotte really had and I actually found some of the flashback scenes really moving! I thought she had some cracking lines as well as she was so sarcastic as A with her 'nobody died so it must be ok' attitude! I am so glad she didn't jump from the roof of Radley at the end of the episode as I can't wait to hear more about her story. This was confirmed in an article my friend very kindly sent to me!

-  The information that Mona was in fact the one who killed Bethany was an excellent twist that I definitely didn't see coming! That was one thing that was a proper surprise about that episode. If she was planning to kill Ali though, I think the liars should watch their backs haha!

- I liked how they wrote the episode to have CeCe telling her entire life story to Ali yet the girls were able to listen too. I would of liked to have see the girls come #FAcetoFace with CeCe properly to interact with her at some point in the episode though! I really liked how they added flashbacks to go alongside CeCe's storytelling and it was nice to get the answers they have been promising us all summer!

- I will honestly say that A's identity was very guessable if like me, you read any of the theories online searching for clues BUT what I did like was the thrill of actually guessing it right. Every A reveal over the last 5 years I guessed Ezra and I was so excited to finally be right only for him to be sneaking around like A to write a book... A good few of my friends guessed it too and I feel it would be better if it had a been a massive surprise but it was still brilliant anyway.

What Was Bad:

- The Red Coat reveal was rubbish! I predicted it to be Sara Harvey but I really thought she would really be Bethany Young and it would be Sara in the grave. I just understand how Sara slots into the story as what is her connection to CeCe? Unless it's something to do with her looking kind of similar to Alison, I'm not really sure. It was also lame how Sara was also Black Widow as it really looked nothing like her before! I'm not even going to get into this one haha.

- There were a few plot holes throughout the episode but a major one is the timeline of Marion's death. It was previously stated that Toby's mom died when he was a teenager but we saw last night that Bethany pushed her when she her and Charles were children! CeCe is older than Toby in the grand scheme of things so something has gone wrong somewhere. Someone also mentioned Wilden is close in age to CeCe and he supposedly cleared her name as a cop so she wasn't blamed for the crime!

- I feel like the first glimpse of the time jump is a little iffy, I'm sure I'll love it but I wasn't overly convinced by this sneak peek. I also didn't like how it ended seeing no more further reactions from the girls on A's identity, not seeing what happened to CeCe or Sarah and not seeing the guys such as Toby etc finding out that CeCe was A!


Hope you enjoyed my brief summary of the big A reveal on PLL! Did you enjoy the episode?


No comments