Tanya Burr Cosmetics


I am so excited about the release of Tanya Burr's new makeup range last week as the products in her first collection are brilliant! The Tanya Burr Cosmetics range has expanded this time round too with the addition of eyeshadow palettes and brow kits! I ordered from Feel Unique last time but my sister and I decided to wait to go to Superdrug to see the products in person to get a real look at the shades. 

First of all, the packaging is absolutely stunning. The products look lovely and have a very girly feel to them! The pricing is also slightly cheaper from the first collection which is great especially with the new packaging as it makes the products look much more expensive! I picked up a few different products to try and I have been really impressed with them so far. 





I am loyal to Tanya's 'Champagne Toast' lipgloss from her last collection and I can honestly say I have never owned another lipgloss that I have liked SO much. It's a beautiful nude shade that has a slight shimmer to it. I'm unsure if there is any new shades this time or it is just the old shades in revamped packaging but I picked up 'Daydream' for £5.99 to try out. However when I first swatched it, I was a bit unsure if I liked it as much I did on first glance.




It's another nude shade but it's very bold unlike Champagne Toast which I'd say was pretty opaque. I have quite a lot of the lip glosses from the last collection and some of them didn't look nice on me at all which was a real pain because I loved the look of them! However once I applied it this one, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was on.




I wear Champagne Toast all the time so it is a bit of a bolder lip than I'm used to (even though it is  still nude!) but I would highly recommend trying this one from the new collection.



From left to right: Fairy Godmother, Pick N Mix and Duvet Day


Of course, I had to sample some of the new nail polish shades! I pretty much have all of the last nail polish range which is not good... BUT I just had to try the new ones right? I love Fairy Godmother, it's a lovely baby blue which reminds me of Cinderella. Pick & Mix is quite a striking pink but looks lovely on as it is a real girly shade. I swayed on buying another but my Mum ended up purchasing Duvet Day for herself. It is not as vibrant as the other two but it is a great plain shade that would go with anything. It would be ideal for someone who really isn't into pastel colours! The nail polishes do need a couple of coats but they look real nice and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed for £5!




I couldn't get a hold of the brow kit in store so I had to order it online which was frustrating as this was the product I wanted to try the most! The brow kit costs £7 and it comes with 4 shades to suit a great range of people. I have tried it once and it looked good but I need to experiment more to get the correct shade for me. I think the quality of the product is good for the money and I love that it comes with the little Tanya Burr tweezers, I think that is a really nice touch. The mirror inside the palette would also be great for travelling or touching up those brows on the go!




Finally, the eyeshadow palettes! I was so excited when Tanya announced she would be adding these in her next collection. I decided on the 'Galaxy' palette as I prefer subtle shimmery silver and nude shades. The 'Fairytale' palette is more matte shades and the 'Hollywood' one is all golds. I have tried Snowflake and Moonlight on the top row and they are both lovely. I applied these with my Real Techniques 'Shading' and 'Duo Fiber Eye' brushes.  I was really impressed by this palette as I didn't need to build the colour up much at all!



From left to right - Stormy Sky, Starry Night, Moonlight and Snowflake




From top to bottom - Nude Delight, Gold Coin, Book Worm and  Enchantment 


My sister chose the Hollywood eye palette which was ridiculously hard to swatch on my pale skin! Personally these colours are not for me but I do quite like Nude Delight. I wouldn't recommend Enchantment if you are pale skinned like me as it showed up really red and made it look like I had a shimmery rash haha! The eye palettes are £6 and I am really happy with the one I chose so if you get the right shades for you, I am sure you will love them!

I personally think that the new collection from Tanya Burr Cosmetics is not only stunning but extremely high quality products for the high street. There is a wide selection that I couldn't recommend more to try the new products out. I started watching Tanya's videos quite a few years ago  now so I think it is nice too being able to support someone who has come so far in such a short amount of time!


I hope you enjoyed this post. I would love to hear if you have tried any of the new products out and what you think of them!





2 comments

  1. Oh my god! I was very excited about her new range and this looks really really cool. I'm loving the lip gloss you picked, which really looks good on you xxx

    Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! Nude shades are a hit or a miss with my super pale skin but I do love this one! You really should try the products out, they are lovely xxx

      Delete