Reorganise Your Makeup Collection | Lifestyle

I thought I would try something different for today's post!  A couple of weeks ago, I decided to haul out all of my makeup and give it a right good tidy. I kept all my makeup loose in a drawer so it was really a bit of a free for all if you needed to find something. After a random chance discussion with my friend, she mentioned that she kept all her makeup in different make up bags and ultimately gave me the inspiration to sort my messy drawer out! I tend to buy makeup bags when I don't really need them simply because they are pretty and I like them. I only ever use one at a time usually for quite a while so the others are just sitting in a cupboard collecting dust. Therefore, I organised my whole makeup collection into different bags so it is nice and organised when I ever need to find anything! I snapped some before and after photos of this process as my friend inspired me so I thought it may inspire you too.


This was the initial messy drawer. It actually looks worse than I feel it looked in person and I have no doubt you would of been impressed as to the amount of stuff was actually stashed in there! I keep my makeup that I use most in a makeup bag so I really did not have to rake in here very often.




And here is the finished result! I was impressed with the amount of makeup bags I actually owned, there was definitely more than I thought! From left to right, top to bottom - small palettes, lip glosses and lipsticks, face products, eye products, lip balms and small skincare items.


Using the same drawer, I placed all the makeup bags in neatly so they were not cluttering up my room but I could now find things much easier when I needed them. Don't get me wrong, a few of the bags were very full so I would probably have to tip them out to find exactly what I needed but the thought is there. I also found space for cotton pads, my makeup brush cleaner, a jar of eye pencils and my Tangle Teezer!



I also transferred my everyday and most used makeup into my new makeup bag from Fleur De Force's new beauty range! I always have a makeup bag sitting here as it is right under my mirror and beside my pot of brushes.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I understand that everyone stores their makeup differently and we all have different volumes of makeup in our collection but I hope it gave you a little inspiration if you have a bit of messy storage situation like me! It may also help you find a use for old makeup bags too as I feel much happier and content now that I am actually using them for something.

No comments