Girls Episode 2 Review - 'Triggering'.


I wanted to follow up on my review of Girls' season premiere last week and the comments I made about me hoping that the episode was setting up for better things. Well, I can safely say that I was throughly impressed with episode 2 last night!

The episode was fantastic and I would say it was one of the best Girls episodes I have seen in a while. It was consistently funny and enjoyable from start to finish. I loved the change of scenery as we followed Hannah to Iowa to start her post graduate college life. Ironically one of my favourite episodes of Orange Is The New Black is the season 2 premiere episode where Piper is shipped to a prison in Chicago so maybe I enjoy change in my TV settings! I thought it was a nice touch how we saw the other three girls even just for the one scene as I did wonder if we'd lose touch with their characters now that the focus of the show seemed to be shifting to Hannah's experience in Iowa.

The highlights of the episode for me were all Hannah moments. My favourites being her response to renting a house for $250 in Iowa, her video chat with Marnie and her humorous remark about how 'affairs usually work', her reaction to seeing a bat in her house at night, her disastrous attempt at phoning Shoshanna and Jessa and finally, her first college class reading. I don't want to explain the these moments in too much detail as it definitely wouldn't be as funny if you were to watch it yourself. I also loved the college party scene with Hannah and Elijah's crazy dancing as I loved the episode a few seasons ago where they danced to 'I Love It' in the nightclub. Elijah's comment about people at the airport thinking he was 'Blake Lively's husband' was also hilarious.

Another added surprise gem of this episode was the appearance of Dorota from Gossip Girl! I wasn't sure if it was actually her to begin with or my eyes were deceiving me. Despite not being a main character as such, I think Dorota is such an iconic character for Gossip Girl fans. After Natasha Lyonne's appearance last week, I truly think this season may have some fantastic guest appearances.

Did you watch this week's episode of Girls? If so what do you think of it? Since I have reviewed the show two weeks in a row, would a Girls recap each week be something any of you would be interested in reading? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @dyan_x.

Hope you have a wonderful day :)


No comments