Mani/Pedi at Home!

Every so often I like to treat my feet a little as there are odd occasions that they can get very sore and tired! Sunday was one of those days so I decided to share my little pedicure routine for this post. I extended this to doing my nails as well and for something so basic it took a very long time!

You will need a foot bath made with the products of your choice, a foot scrub, foot cream, nail polish remover (if necessary), cotton pads, nail polishes of your choice, nail scissors, a cuticle stick, socks, hand cream and clean socks! For additional chill out time, get yourself a good book and some snacks... 








































To begin with, I filled a bowl with hot water, shower gel to make it bubbly (as we had nothing else ha) and apple cider vinegar. I always add vinegar when I soak my feet as it is supposed to be really good for dry skin. I always see great results from it on my heels but not so much anywhere else. Whilst soaking my feet, I starting reading Zoella's novel 'Girl Online' as my sister has passed it on to me as she has finished reading it. I'm always a bit scared that I drop my iPad etc into the basin accidentally so I just don't even bother! I also indulged in a piece of strawberry butterfly sponge and a can of regular coke!

After soaking my feet, I used my Soap and Glory 'Breakfast Scrub' on drier areas of my feet. I then dried off my feet with my Cath Kidston towel. It has various beauty items on it and was my one really nice towel that I had at university! 

I used Boots' Botanics organic cotton wool pads to remove my existing nail polish. They are a little bit more expensive than regular cotton wool pads but I think they are a lot more durable. I cleaned my under my toenails with my pink cuticle stick before cutting them with nail scissors.  I then painted my toes with Tanya Burr's 'Little Duck' nail polish which is has to be my absolute favourite from her range. I then smothered my feet with the Heel Genius foot cream before putting on nice clean socks!

I paid much less attention to my hands and just treated them with Soap and Glory's 'Hand Dream'. I painted my nails too with a Kardashian Beauty nail polish in the shade 'High Dive'. 

There are tonnes of guides for mani/pedi's available online but I hope this has inspired you to have some 'me time'!






2 comments

  1. I love doing manicures and pedicures from home! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ace! :) It's not something I do often but when I do, I enjoy it.

      Delete