BLOGMAS 2016 DAY 7 - Christmas Market



I was lucky enough to manage to go to the Christmas Market in Edinburgh this year and it was amazing. I never even considered it would be the size it is, making it a rather magical attraction. I would advise wrapping up warm as it was very cold and to take waiting times into consideration when planning your trip as it got extremely busy. Here is a few snaps I took on the day:







I really enjoyed the Christmas Tree Maze attraction as it was something just that wee bit different than your usual fairground rides! It does cost £3.50 per person but it has a good interactive addition of finding letters with the maze to rearrange a Christmas themed word and win a prize. I was there during the day but I'd imagine the trees would look beautiful lit up at night time.



The carousel was my absolute highlight of the market, I don't know if that's really sad but I don't really like fairground rides so it was perfect for me! They have two within the market and we went on the one beside the Christmas Tree Maze as I thought the horses were looked bit bigger but that could just be my imagination. £3.50 a go yet again but I thought it wasn't overpriced and worth the money. I didn't manage to snap any good pictures of either carousel but they were so lovely to look at it.


There is also plenty of trinkets all over the market to buy, ideal if you need to still need to do some Christmas shopping! 


There are food stands galore in every corner of the market. I wanted to get a bratwurst sausage as soon as I saw the stand and I quickly realised that some prices for particular foods did vary if you shopped around so to speak.  I couldn't find them any cheaper but burgers for example were £9 on one stand but £4 on another just around the corner much to my Dad's disgust! There was so much choice available and I am pretty sure you could find just about anything you wanted somewhere within the market.





Have you visited any Christmas Market's this year?



No comments