BLOGMAS 2016 DAY 8 - Advent Tree



The past few years my Mum has made my sister and I a homemade advent tree but this year she has honestly taken it to the next level. The tree was initially bought from Hobby Craft and we usually decorate it different for each season such as eggs hanging from the branches at Easter etc. It often sits on our hallway stairs decorated with fairy lights during the time in between the holidays. 



This year my Mum has filled each bauble with different chocolate but some of the days have a lucky dip ticket where she has filled a gift bag for each of us filled with different goodies. She hasn't numbered the baubles this year so the goodies we receive each day are totally random. We picked a bauble with a lucky dip ticket a few days in and it was a total surprise to find that she has filled the bags with mini Kylie Lip Kit's and Bath and Body Works Sanitisers! 


I am such a geek when it comes to hand sanitisers especially Bath and Body Works ones as they come in so many varieties. They are SO expensive to get a hold in the UK yet they are on  a 5 for $5 offer or something wild like that in the US. I am seriously lucky if I get two for £5! If I was to go back to America again now, I would probably come back with so many of these that they would last for a year's supply. So far I have picked out Ninjabread Man which is gingerbread scented so perfect for December and Copacabana Coconut which I have had previously in the old packaging so I'm excited to try this one again. 


I have a few different Kylie Lip Kits  but as they are yet again expensive to get a hold of in the UK, I haven't been able to try a lot of the shades. In my opinion, they are so worth the money but on my last order I was hit with a £28 custom charge so I could of got another lip kit for that! I really wanted to try the mini lip kits when they were released as part of Kylie's Birthday Collection earlier this year but they had sold out pretty quickly so I was buzzing to find them in our advent calendar. So far I have picked Exposed which I have in full sized and Dolce K/Kristen which I haven't tried before. I would never have bought Kristen as I don't think I suit red lipstick but this is a truly stunning shade. It is perfect for the holiday season so I can't wait to wear it more! I have yet to try Dolce K and Exposed but I may do a review along with my other lip kits at a later date!


Which advent calendar do you have this year? Let me know in the comments!

No comments