BLOGMAS DAY 18 2016 - Gift Wrapping



I take so much pride in my gift wrapping as I honestly love picking out different paper, gift tags, ribbon etc. This year didn't quite go to plan as I chose my initial  theme then kept seeing things in the shops that I liked more so it is a bit of a mixed bag! 



I picked up this tartan wrapping in Asda as I thought it was something just a wee bit different. I have paired this with a candy cane style string which cost a grand total of £1 from Wilko. The string was an absolute bargain in all honesty as it went so far. I expected to be able to use it for a few gifts and it would be all finished! I have used a combination of red 'Merry Christmas' gift tags from Asda and red metallic gift tags from Paperchase to compliment this paper. I did also use a few off white tags from Paperchase too which I originally purchased instead of the following tags below.


These have been my best ever gift wrapping find ever. I came across them in Fleur De Force's vlog quite a while after she originally first posted it so I thought for the bargain price they would all be long gone. I popped into Next one day and they had loads of them. For £2.50 you receive a whole pile of sparkly silver sticker sheets and a bunch of gift tags to spell out the recipients name. These are absolutely ideal for secret santa gifts as they don't require you to write the gift tags! The only downside is the longer the person's name, the more of a struggle it is to fit the stickers onto the tags. Apart from that these are a brilliant buy if you can still get your hands on them!

For my sisters gifts this year, I have used Elf wrapping paper. She is one of these people who would watch Elf in July as she loves it so much. This was a Primark purchase for £1.50 back in early November so another bargain buy this year. 


I also required a gift box for one my presents this year. I struggled a fair bit trying to get exactly what I wanted (who new gift boxes were so expensive??) but I found this glittery silver one from Paperchase that was good size and a decent-ish price. I ran out of string so I picked up this Merry Christmas tape from Cath Kidston in the sale for £2 recently. I was a little disappointed in this as it was quite difficult to work with in terms of managing to get it to sit right etc but it does look really pretty on the finished gifts.


Do you choose a theme for your Christmas gift wrapping? 


No comments