BLOGMAS DAY 18 - Harry Potter Throwback!

For Blogmas Day 18, I am sharing a Throwback Thursday! In July, I visited the Warner Bros Studio Tour in London. It was something I wanted to do for a very long time so I was really excited to finally be able to visit. If you haven't heard of it before, Warner Bros have transformed what is essentially a big warehouse into a Harry Potter visitor attraction.The stages that you walk through were actually the ones they filmed Harry Potter within but they have moved the sets from their original locations. An additional tip I think is worth sharing is that the tour is described as being in London but it's actually rather far out. Google states it's about 43 minutes from central London so please be aware of the travelling time to make your time slot. 

It's not super cheap but not expensive at around £30 per adult and once you book your time slot, you can spend as long as you want in there. I think we spent around 4 hours in the attraction but you certainly could spend all day in there if you were looking at every fine detail. The first part of the tour is guided but you are free to walk around the rest of the sets at your own pace. There are 4 parts to the tour with the guided part, an indoor area, an outdoor area and another indoor area. In the outdoor area, you are able to purchase refreshments including butter beer which is awesome! They offer 3 cups with the prices going up with the cup size. I bought the smallest souvenir cup as they didn't have any tankards that day and I still use it for other drinks at home. I am the fussiest eater but I really liked the butter beer! I don't know really how to describe it but I would say it tasted a little bit like caramel. 

There are also photo opportunities during the tour where you can pose in front of a green screen on a broom and see yourself flying over London!  You can also pile into Ron's car and pretend you are heading to Hogwarts. You can also purchase the video footage of this experience. 

My favourite parts of the tour were probably seeing the Great Hall, standing outside Privet Drive, the costumes of the Death Eaters lined up in front of the fireplace in Malfoy Manor and the wizard chess pieces. The whole tour was fantastic though, I couldn't recommend it enough. There is also a (very expensive) gift shop at the end of the tour that you just have to buy something from. I purchased a chocolate frog which came with the wizard card included! I still haven't eat it yet, I really must do that before it expires!

Here are some of the many pictures I took on the day:

Scale Model of Hogwarts. This was huge in person, see the people to the
right of the picture for an idea of it's size!


Entrance to the Studio Tour


Voldemort and the Death Eaters 


Shopping for wizard supplies on Diagon Alley


Visiting Privet Drive


Wizard chess anyone?


"RONALD WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!"


The Trio


Class with Snape


The Great Hall


Robert Pattinson's costume! (I was a big Twilight fan)


Dining in the Great Hall



I recieved a chocolate Lindt bear in my advent calendar today. I didn't photograph it as I've posted them a few times and everyone knows what they look like anyway!

Have you visited the Warner Bros Studio tour? Let me know in the comments!




No comments